Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sewing Challenge

I have decided to participate in a sewing challenge. Ricochet from Ricochet and Away! is hosting what she calls the Fab Folds Sewing Challenge. The theme of the challenge is pleats, pin-tucking, and smocking. This is what Ricochet writes about it:

"I am very interested in techniques that add texture and dimension to my sewing projects.  I love ruffles and quilting and mixing prints and fabric types.  I also totally geek out on math and geometric shapes.  You'd think I'd be totally into pleats, pin-tucking, and smocking.  The sad truth is that besides a bit of canadian smocking and a few pleated handbags, I've never really explored any of those techniques to my satisfaction.  I came up with this challenge to remedy that."
Fab Folds Sewing Challenge

I have had this idea for an outfit for Littleheart for a while, that incorporates pintucks and pleats, so I think I will go ahead and realize the idea in time for this challenge. Hey, maybe I will be able to incorporate smocking too, which I haven't tried yet. Ever since I saw Melly's project on project run and play, I have wanted to try smocking. Well, we will see what I come up with. If the smocking part doesn't fit into this project, I can always try it out on a different one...

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I just checked out Melly's smocked dress. Awesome! I'm excited to see what you create for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you create, Mira.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its exciting Mira .. m joining you with this :) Following your blog in my reader.. Do visit me on my blog when you find time ..

    ReplyDelete