Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cosmetics Storage Baskets


Our "new" apartment (we have been here a year - wow the time flies!) is a work in progress. Over the past year I have made a few decorations to make it feel more homely. For example these drapes for the kitchen window, with matching pillows for the couch.






I also made the sofa cover, to cover up our old, bright blue sofa.


I have been trying to decide how to maximize my storage space in the master bathroom. Somehow there is no place for me to put my makeup, so I end up using the same one eye shadow every single day. I bought this cute shelf at Ikea, and thought I could make a few hanging storage baskets to hang on the hooks, and store my makeup there.


After looking around for a tutorial to start out with I came across the fabric basket tutorial from Threading My Way. This is exactly what I needed.

I made the baskets the way Pam explains, only I used an old towel, so the baskets would look like they belong in the bathroom (note: Wouldn't suggest it. I broke three needles!). Then I made handles out of the lining material.
And voilà! New storage baskets for my makeup.




2 comments:

  1. Your baskets made from towels look fabulous and just right for a bathroom, even if three needles broke in the process. Great idea to hang them from hooks keeping everything at your fingertips and taking up no extra space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. who owns loxa beauty?

    ReplyDelete